1. You fight more than once a month, and it always ends in what my friend calls “The State of the Union” where you discuss breaking up but never do.
2. You find yourself bored when they talk, and thinking about other things watching their lips move.
3. You look forward to nights you can go out with friends without them.
4. You don’t want to introduce them to people as your significant other so you just settle on, “Uh…this is [their name].”
5. They tell you they’re going away for a few days for work, or a family thing and you start planning all the stuff you’re gonna do without them.
6. If someone hits on you, you let them buy you drinks and flirt back. You’re not gonna cheat but it’s no good to send away someone with potential right?
7. When they express their opinion about something, you think it’s ridiculous and you feel like they look down on your opinions too.
8. You feel afraid to express yourself because they tend to interrupt you or condescend to you until you feel dismissed.